Retreat on the Manifesto 2021-26 Commitments, achievements and Implementation status for the West Nile Region held at National Leadership Institute Kyankwanzi. 20th November, 2023
The Office of the President is mandated to track, report and publicize the performance, progress and challenges of implementation of the Manifesto Commitments and the Strategic guidelines and directives in the different Ministries Departments and Agencies &Local Government:
FY 2023/2024 marked the beginning of the critical implementation of manifesto 2021-2026. As a result of this, the Office is planning to organize a retreat to facilitate coordination, planning and reporting on the manifesto commitments and the 23 Strategic Guidelines and Directives and evaluate the performance in West Nile Region of Uganda. This will also involve engaging other key stakeholders (the Media) in the implementation of Manifesto commitments through alignment of their set out work plans and budgets. This engagement is in line with the approved Q3 work plan for FY 2023/2024 and is proposed to take place from 19th to 25th November, 2023 as a six day activity to be held at National Leadership Institute Kyankwanzi.
The Media Participants include Radio Presenters, Panelists, Moderators, and Social Media Bloggers who are to be invited from all regions of Uganda to take part as participants. We realize that media is a critical stakeholder in monitoring, reporting and popularization of the Manifesto and other service delivery commitments. This engagement is necessary to equip these Media operators with the right information to guide them in reporting and propagating the progress of the Manifesto.
Objectives of the Manifesto Inception Meeting:
The specific objectives are to:
- Take stock and account the Manifesto commitments and achievements to the citizens and leaders in the West Nile Region
- Explain and Share the synergies required in the implementation process of the Manifesto commitments
- Share a strategy on how to popularize the achievements so far realized in the West Nile Region.
- Exploit synergies of working with the Media on the popularization of the achievements
At the end, we are expected to:
- Give accountability and validation on the extent of performance of the Manifesto Commitments and the Presidential Strategic Directives and Guidelines in the West Nile Region.
- Agree on proper coordination in planning, reporting, and communication of achievements
- Share and document the implementation of the Manifesto commitments in the West Nile Region.
- An improved working relationship between the Media and Government.
- All Local Government and party leadership from West Nile Region of Uganda
- Presidential Advisors(10)
- NALI Team
- The Media
- OP – MIU
- OP – Senior Management
- The Media Operators
Presentations will include: -
- All Accounting Officers of MDAs
- Senior Media Practitioners
- NRM Secretariat
- NALI Team
Methodology for Delivery
PRESENTATIONS FROM KEY STAKEHOLDERS
Different presentations by key stakeholders in the Manifesto Implementation process will be made with emphasis on prioritizing different commitments, achievements and alignment to the existing planning, governance structures for attainment of the desired target vision. The presentations are broad in perspective but touching the necessary steps Government must take to achieve the stated commitments.